Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 ~ QUAIL/LIL' JUG

California Quail, female  ~  1-11-11  ~   [P1112898]

California Quail, male  ~   1-11-11   ~  [P1112901]


 I was visiting my friend Marie a few days ago and I commented on this little jug that was sitting on a narrow ledge behind the wood stove.  I told her, "I grew  up on the Platte River in Northern Missouri and it reminded me of home." She reached over, used the tail of her shirt to wipe the dust off of it and handed it to me and said, "Happy Birthday, whenever it is." I was so surprised that I couldn't talk for a few seconds, I politely refused to take it but she insisted. She said, "I have no attachment to it so it's yours."  I have it sitting on my hutch and now it has yet another sweet memory, one of my dear friend.

Lil' brown jug  ~  1-11-11 ~   [P1112994] 
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment